Did you know that in only a few hours, a faded, dreary asphalt pavement surface could be restored, almost like new? The magic of seal coating is real, and we’d love to share the fascinating facts about seal coating with you!
What is Sealcoating?
Seal coating is a thin liquid layer added over a paved surface to protect it from damage caused by UV rays, rain and snow, and fluids from vehicles. Seal coating won’t cure existing issues, like cracks, but it will help prevent such damage from forming in the first place. Aside from keeping out damaging elements, properly applying a seal coat is essential to extend the life of asphalt paving.
Seal coating is not a complicated process, but there are a few things to keep in mind before getting started. First, it’s important to choose the right sealant for your needs. There are many different types of sealants on the market, so be sure to do some research to find the best one for your specific situation. Second, the surface must be completely clean and dry before application. Any dirt, oil, or other debris will prevent the sealant from adhering properly. Finally, make sure you have the proper equipment for the job. A good quality squeegee and brush are essential for a smooth, even application.
If you’re ready to get started, seal coating is a great way to protect your investment and extend the life of your asphalt paving.
Here is a List of Seven Facts About Sealcoating! (That Benefit You!)
- Sealcoating protects and prolongs the life expectancy of asphalt pavement by filling surface damage and providing a protective layer to keep out damaging UV rays, vehicle fluids, and water.
- The low cost of regular seal coating can save you money in the long run. A properly maintained and sealed asphalt surface has an extended lifetime and reduces long-term repair costs.
- With exposure to the elements, asphalt pavement over time becomes faded in appearance. A fresh seal coat application enhances the appearance of asphalt, making it look and wear like new.
- Sealcoating is typically done using one of two application methods: spray or squeegee.
- Sealcoating accelerates the melting process of snow and ice on pavement surfaces. This helps to protect against water penetration, rain, frost, and snow damage.
- To correctly complete the seal coating process, the air and pavement temperature is recommended to be at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit for the duration of the application and for eight hours following the application.
- Prior to pavement sealing, the asphalt surface should be cleared of all dirt and debris. In addition, minor repairs, like potholes and cracks, should be filled and vehicle fluids, like oil, should be properly removed.
“Should I Sealcoat or Repave my Pavement?”
A great question!
Every driveway, parking lot, and the road is different. If you want to keep your asphalt surface smooth, functional, and attractive, you might consider a seal coating application. If you have extensive damage, potholes, or cracks, you might want to consider repaving. If you’re not sure which option is right for you, give us a call and we can help you decide!
Freedom Asphalt offers a variety of benefits that other companies cannot match. Our services are designed to prolong the life of your asphalt surfaces and protect them from the elements. Regularly seal-coating your parking lot or driveway can prevent expensive repairs down the road. Contact us today for your free estimate.
When you hire a professional seal coating company like Freedom Asphalt, they will use high-quality materials and equipment to get the job done right. They will also have the experience necessary to ensure that your seal coat lasts for many years. Sealcoating is an essential part of maintaining your asphalt investment. It’s a simple and effective way to extend the life of your asphalt and keep it looking its best. At Freedom Asphalt, we proudly offer seal coating services to our customers. We use only the highest quality materials and equipment to get the job done right. We also provide a warranty on our work, so you can be confident that your investment is protected.
We hope this article was informative and helpful. If you have any further questions about seal coating or asphalt repair, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
For more information on asphalt seal coating or to get a free quote for any of our services, visit our site at https://freedomasphalt.net/ or give us a call at 717-502-2222. We are the top-rated asphalt seal coating service in West York, PA and are 100% satisfaction guaranteed.